Please remember that Simple Terms is still developing and tweaking its process. We will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your home. Simply put, you will receive more hand holding and individual attention during this phase than what you can expect from our final product.
What makes us different?
Before providing an overview our process, let's review what makes Simple Terms different. The reason customers trust us is our mission to create a process that allows buyers and sellers of real estate to be honest and transparent with one another. There's no need to hide anything, posture to negotiate, etc. These are all negotiation tactics. Studies show that logic wins over tactics so our process seeks to put logic first and remove as much uncertainty from the home buying process as possible.
Phase One, Listing Preparation (2-6 weeks prior to listing):
Let's face it, if we put a sign in your yard tomorrow without any preparation your house wouldn't look its best. It's going to take some work to get the house ready, possibly repair or upgrade a few things, and market your home properly. Here are the highlights of what happens in this phase and what you will receive from Simple Terms:
- Home Inspection (provided by Simple Terms)
It's the best way to prepare your house to go on the market. The buyer is going to purchase an inspection. Our process saves them the time/effort and allows the seller to go ahead and fix/disclose problems before putting the house on the market. If repairs are too costly it's a good idea to furnish buyers with quotes to complete the work. The strength of showing a buyer an independent inspection report removes uncertainty from the transaction, increasing the value of the seller's offering to the market.
- Property Valuation (provided by Simple Terms)
What is the house worth? Starting with an independent appraisal shows buyers that you're serious about how the property is priced and provides proof that they are getting a fair deal.
- Virtual Staging Advice (get ready to FaceTime or Skype!)
You don't get a second chance to make a first impression! Have you ever been inside a listing that was not staged? Maybe it was occupied by renters or sellers who simply did not know how to show off their home. We will walk you through this process so that you'll have buyers looking in the fridge trying to decide if someone lives in the house. If they're wondering whether or not the home is occupied, you have won.
Phase Two, Marketing (1 week prior to active listing):
It's time to get put your tap shoes on... well, maybe just play the famous song from Rocky? Whatever gets you pumped up, do it! You're going to need the energy. Here is what we provide:
- Decide on actual Simple Terms! Price, earnest money, time to inspect, closing date, etc. (phone/email strategy session with us)
- Professional Photography (provided by Simple Terms)
- Professionally Written Property Description (provided by Simple Terms)
- MLS Listing (provided by Simple Terms' vendor/partner)
- Listing Syndication (provided by Simple Terms' vendor/partner)
- Signage (yard signs included and upgrades are available)
Phase Three, Contract and Coaching:
We know that there's a sentiment out there that agents don't do a whole lot of work once the house is on the market. The truth is that they provide a lot of advice and handholding from contract negotiation through closing. Thankfully our process eliminates quite a bit of the problems that occur along the way. Still, we find that our customers like to reach out for advice.
- Contract Negotiation Strategy Session (20 minute call with us)
- Preparing for Closing Coaching Session (20 minute call with us)
- Up to 1 hour of additional coaching as needed. Topics range from how to hold an open house to how we address issues/changes after contract.